Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wedding Tag

1. Where did you Meet?

We meet where I was working a place called fashion eye wear. I was friends with his Brother Norman, and he and his brother came to where I worked to see what we were doing at single adults and his brother introduced his older brother to me.








2. What was the first thing you said to him?

I believe it was "Hi how ya doing?" or something like that. But in my head I was thinking he's alright, nice muscles, nice butt. Edwin said when he first saw me his first thought was "WOW shes hot & tall" (the only reason I was tall back then was because I was wearing 6 inch heals)








3. Where was your first date?

Would you believe my mom & dads house? I had all the single adults over watching movies while my parents were out, but when they got home, we all were still watching movies. I was sitting on Edwin's lap when my parents came home and walked in the door and the first thing Edwin said to them was "Hi Mom & Dad" they just gave him a weired look.







4. Where was your first kiss?

At my parents house again, right at the kitchen door, he took me by the hands and said would it be alright if i kissed you goodnight? I said you sure can! (And I was thinking to myself hot dang hes a keeper, I've never had a guy ask me before if they could kiss me goodnight before it was awesome)







5. How long did you date?

3 whole days! Pretty cool huh..

Let me say one thing to this, we knew each other for 3 days before he proposed, then we dated right up until we were married. Hows that?











6. Where did you get Engaged?

Once again...at my parents house, he called me on the phone and said hey whats up? I said nothing, then he said he would like to come over I said sure how come? he said I need to talk to you and ask you something. I said ok see you in awhile and hung up the phone..I got this weird feeling, and went to my moms room & told her Edwin is coming over and says he wants to ask me something. I think he's coming over here to ask me to marry him and my mom said what makes you think that, you haven't dated that long, you've only known each other for a few days, and I said yeah I know its just a feeling I have. He showed up at my house at 9:00pm and he said "can we go for a walk?" so we walked down to the horse corral's, we were talking and he was acting pretty weird I sat down on the ground and he kept talking and pausing allot and then he would ask me do you know what I'm trying to ask you? I said No (I knew exactly what he was trying to ask but I was going to play dumb) we talked some more for awhile and once again he asked me do you know what I'm trying to ask you? And once again I played dumb and said No. So after some more talking and at 11:45 PM he once again asked me do you know what I'm trying to ask you? I said No..would you just ask me what your wanting to ask me? He finally got up the nerve to ask me to marry him and I said Yes.

7. When were you married?

November 1, 1985 in the Salt Lake City, UT temple. It was a very interesting time, it started on Oct. 31st in the Jordan River temple, my parents and I were staying in SLC & Edwin was staying at a friends home in Provo, well on our way to the temple my dad gets on the freeway heading the wrong way we were on the freeway heading towards Reno, NV., when we finally got turned around we got to the temple and I forgot Edwin's church shoes they were in my car so he had to wear his old white dirty shoes in the temple. All and all it turned out to be a wonderful evening. I was so much in awwh I kept messing up. Anyway tomorrow was the big day I could not sleep way to nerves and we had to be to the temple early cause we were being married at 7:00 AM. I know now that's early and I'll explain why later. Well we all arrived, I met my in-laws for the first time that day. Well everyone was there that was going to show up..the big room was not needed but we had it anyway.. It was beautiful I was so nerves when we did the ring exchange I dropped Edwin's ring and it rolled across the floor and out the door (how embarrassing) anyways the ring was retrieved. As I was coming to meet Edwin to exit the temple Edwin caught sight of me and whistled at me inside the temple. The temple matron went up to Edwin and said settle down brother Black wait until your outside. Well we took some pictures my big brother Alan was the photographer (thanks big brother) that's why he is not in the family photo.




8. How did the Reception go?

It was wonderful, except I wish now I didn't have one, my parents were wonderful they helped us get started, buying my wedding dress doing and getting everything for our reception (thank you mom and dad for everything, If I knew then what I know now I would have taken you up on that offer. I love you very much) the night went on and it was back to work the next day, As you can see NO honeymoon. But even after all of that I can happily say we have been in love and happily married for 23yrs this November.
9. How was the Honeymoon?
Sorry did not have one.
10. Okay other married people...your turn. I tag anyone who reads this.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Fun story,
I had not idea you guys had such an exciting wedding. Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Annie

Edwin & Tamara said...

yep it was pretty exciting day, I just hope i don't upset anyone over it, cause it has been along time

Aubrey said...

Fun fun fun fun fun!! Sounds like it was a very exciting time!!!

~Cassie~ said...

How funny...I remember a lot about your wedding day and watching everyone out at Grandma and Grandpa's making the little finger sandwiches. I had no idea so much was going on behind the scenes. You have Arturo and I beat, we knew eachother a month before we got engaged. I am looking forward to sharing as much love as the 2 of you have.









Edwin's room in Korea

Edwin's home coming