Sunday, January 10, 2010

UNEMPLOYMENT

In our Fridays news paper front page news, the title was

UNEMPLOYMENT HITS 8.9 PERCENT.

That is a very high number and allot of people out of work, allot can not find work, not even in fast food,

Was not to long ago We were needing help in out store Edwin had to hire 2 people, he had over 30 applications in ONE day people begging him for a job, they did not care about the hours or the pay. We would even get them calling back asking if they had got the job, one guy almost broke down and cryed on the phone when Edwin said sorry I have picked and hired the two I need.

Some people need to understand really how bad it is out there, it doesn't matter how many applications you may fill out or how many jobs you apply for there are 20 to 30 just like you applying to hoping for that job/

They say that there is more people out there right now on unemployment, and having to live on food stamps cause there is NO WORK.

So I say if you have a job no matter how little it pays ya know its an income even if it is small it is still more then what allot of people out there are getting.

Was not long ago there was a family they was clean came in and it was just Edwin and I working, the wife was embarrassed put asked anyway, said that her husband was just laid off and they are now homeless and hungry, do we have any food that we were going to throw away, Edwin said yes over here in this bin is some boxed and canned goods you can take what ever you can carry and they asked for a trash bag so we gave it to them and they hauled a large trash bag of food away, and said thank you so much you are wonderful and kind people, God bless you/

I just don't know what this world is coming to anymore.
Edwin and I have tried and do our best to help our kids with what we can. Put our income is not that great. But we do with what we have and what we can, we may not have the nicer things in this world but we have each other, we have a home it may not be a large home put it is ours, I like a home where you feel welcome in, not a home where you have to worry if you are going to brake something in. A home is where family should always feel welcome in, not like they are living in a prison

Ya know Edwin and I have had friends and family live with us over the years. We have had to replace many a things and fix allot of things, friends would steal from us, put I still never turned them away, We have had to replace doors windows, floors and many other things, (and none of things things were broken at the hand of us or our children) put I never yelled or badgered them, Yes it is expensive to replace these things, but they are just materialistic things, kindness, love and helpfulness goes allot further, I would always look at it this way what would heavenly father do or want me to do, Help or turn and just look the other way?
A life, your family, and some of your friends is all we have, you can not take your Money, your home, your cars, Jewelry, to heaven put you can see your family there if you live Worthy.

Ya know its bad enough that our gas prices here are $2.85 gallon and that's just for the unleaded its over 3 dollars for diesel,
We have nurses and a few doctors that come into our store, talking about how high the suicide rate is, there was one girl who was not looking forward to going to work because she said the last few night have been people being brought in that have tried to blow there brains out, or try to OD.
And now there is talk that they are wanting to bring food tax back here to NM/ Crap what they going to throw at us next, dang people in every state can barely make a living now as it is.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Tamara, you are a good woman. I am afraid I might not have been so patient with people stealing from me! That story about the family and the food just breaks my heart.In one paycheck lost that could be almost any of us.
I hope they don't reinstate your food tax. We have it here and it is a burden. We didn't have it in Washington. It was very nice.

Edwin & Tamara said...

I know it breaks my heart too. To see all the ones unemployed, I drive by the bishops store house here in famington on my way to work, and there is tons of cars there,, the unemployment office is just back and down the street from our store and there are very long lines there when they are open, same goes for the building that you sign up for food stamps

tami said...

yea my mom has been on unemployment for almost a year now. and cant find ANYTHING. my dad was unemployed but not on unemployment for about 3 months and finally found a job with fedex and loves it. and luckily they are able to have enough money to save up for my mom to come here when i have the baby. when i start talking to people about the unemployment stuff its sad for me to tell them "yea my hometown is the highest in unemployment for our state"

Gena said...

I think that no necessary food should be taxed (having been through the unemployment mill I no you can live without potato chips and sodas). We pray our thanks nightly for Steve's job that provides for us. I just wish I could get a full time teaching position with my very own class but the recession is hitting our schools VERY hard.









Edwin's room in Korea

Edwin's home coming