Memorial Day
To all my fellow Vets:Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your loyal service. I am one of many who enjoy, every day, the freedoms that Veterans have preserved for us by giving up their own personal freedoms for a time. One day a year seems like a small tribute to those who suffer 365 days of physical and / or emotional discomfort. I hope that you find on this day and all future days .......... peace.
I watched the flag pass by one day, It fluttered in the breeze.

To all my fellow Vets:Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your loyal service. I am one of many who enjoy, every day, the freedoms that Veterans have preserved for us by giving up their own personal freedoms for a time. One day a year seems like a small tribute to those who suffer 365 days of physical and / or emotional discomfort. I hope that you find on this day and all future days .......... peace.
I watched the flag pass by one day, It fluttered in the breeze.

A young Marine saluted it, And then he stood at ease..

I looked at him in uniform So young, so tall, so proud,

With hair cut square and eyes alert He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men like him Had fallen through the years.
How many died on foreign soil How many mothers' tears?
How many pilots' planes shot down? How many died at sea 
How many foxholes were soldiers' graves? No, freedom isn't free.
I heard the sound of Taps one night, When everything was still,
I listened to the bugler play And felt a sudden chill.
I wondered just how many times That Taps had meant "Amen,"
I wondered just how many times That Taps had meant "Amen,"

When a flag had draped a coffin. Of a brother or a friend. I thought of all the children, Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands With interrupted lives.
Of fathers, sons and husbands With interrupted lives.

I thought about a graveyard At the bottom of the sea Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No, freedom isn't free. Enjoy Your Freedom & God Bless Our Troops
No, freedom isn't free. Enjoy Your Freedom & God Bless Our Troops 
I just want to say this, Why would anyone want to take away our flag that our grandfathers, our Uncles, our brother-in-laws our Fathers fought so hard for? They fought so hard to keep our freedoms here.
I am so proud of MY FATHER, MY HUSBAND, MY UNCLES, AND MY BROTHER IN LAWS WHO FOUGHT AND ARE STILL FIGHTING TO KEEP OUR FREEDOMS FREE.
AND TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE STILL FIGHTING TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY FREE
HERE IS A BIG
Lester Sabin, George Sherman, Ernest Sherman, Elmer Sherman, Clyde Sherman, Jay Black, Edwin Black, Andrew Black.. George Ellsworth(could not find picture)






3 comments:
Dear Tamara; I have been in the basement family room working on a quilt.. I just came up to rest my back a litle and turned to your blog. You jkust touched on a subject that is very dear to my heart. I never hear our National Anthem or see the flag waving in the breese that I don't get cold chills and my heart just soars. Of course I think first of Grandpa and of the time he wasd away from me and Sharon during the second world war. And of my brother Uncle Orland. How he was taken prisoner when Bataan fell and how he suffered for the next four years in Japanese prison camps. I still comsider it a miracle that he made it home. So many of his friends didn't. It is simply beyond my imagination that so many of our country men have turned against their own country. I say love it or leave it. Thank you so much for reminding me. God bless you for remembering.
Love Grandma
You are so welcome grandma that is why I posted this on my blogg cause so many of our young children these days have forgotten what they family friends and loved ones did so that they do have the rights and freedoms that they so love and take advantage of.
Do you think that if our soldiers did not do what the did or are doing that we would all have this thing we love the most
FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
I AM SO PROUD OF ALL OF MY FAMILY THAT HAS SERVED IN THE MILITARY, POLICE OR ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT they have been in to make us safe and our country free.
I again say thank you and I love each and every one of you
Oh ya and I forgot that other freedom thing they are also so into this election there freedom to Vote, I just hope the all really know what they are Voteing for. If you know what I mean
Post a Comment