Friday, September 19, 2008

ER nightmare



Edwin and I was at home last night watching tv, and I have not been feeling to good for the last few day, just not feeling my usual self, have been under a mager amount of stress. I told edwin I feel really weird so I checked my blood sugars they were hight 192, and edwin checked my blood pressor the first reading was 150/106 and we waited for about 10 min and checked it again it was 164/107 I know I needed to go to the hopital but as everyone know I HATE THAT PLACE for reasons some of you know. But edwin kept telling me lets go, So I called my brother roger and told him what was going on and he said sis get in there and be seen so I did. And this is what happen.
Edwin helped my walk in to the ER I go to the registration dest, there are allot of people in the waiting room, edwin saw a regitration window open and waved me over to it, I sat down and becan telling them what I needed to be seen for. I asked her if she needed my insurance cards
or was I still in the system, and she said that I probably was still in the system and then she said there are TWO edwins one at 35 so and so and one ot 32 so and so. And wanted to know which one it was. OK now I am the pastiant shouldn't my name be where my husbands is??
any who I told them I was having chest pains and told her we checked my blood pressor befor coming in and it was 164/107 and she yelled at triage that there was a 45 year old female complaing of chest pains and that her blood presser reading was very hight, (i also told her i was
a diabetic that had a thyroid and high blood pressor problem) and NO triage nuse come to see or monitor me. So after signing all the papers to be seen and NO triage nuse to come and see me the girl that was registering me in said go and wait in the waiting room and someone will call you when it is your turn. (HOLY CRAP HERE I AM WITH CHEST PAIN MAGIOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSOR READINGS AND I AM TOLD TO "WAIT!!") so edwin and I are waiting and we see the triage door open and I am thinking ok she will call me in NO she called in another patiant, Now I am very ticked I told edwin dang If I am going to have a heartatack just let me go home and have it they dont give a crap hear> any who Edwin made me wait, and about 15 to 20 later I hear my name being called on the other side of the ER so Edwin and I walk over there slowly and there is a nurse waiting for me with a wheel chair, (nice of them to wait at the door for me to walk over to it right?) So I slowly get in the chair and she wheels me to a room that is not set up for people coming into the hospital with my condition but it was the only room they had open so they said cause they said that it was a very busy night, So as I was being wheeled into this room one of the nurses asked me if I was the one coming down from ICU? (OK if I was in the hospital why would I becoming down from ICU to the ER??) and I said NO is there another Tamara here or something? and she said well how did you get here I said in a car with my husband driving, and she said where did you come from I said I came from home? and again she asked how did you get to the ER? I said we drove from home and I walked through the ER doors and Now I am here what is going ON? and the other nurse said just forget it leave it alone you must have her mixed up with someone else. Anyway after all that drama they have me get onto the bed and they start looking for an IV site Edwin and I told the nurse that I was a hard stick and she just laughed and said that is what they all say and started bragging where she worked and what she did in Denver. And well guess what after TWO trys No such luck she had to call in for reinforcements. It was a nice gentlemen (the only one whom seem to have a brain) found one but it was in a VERY VERy tender spot right under my armpit OUCH!! OUCH!! Well he got it and got all the blood drawn that was needed, and while all of that was going on I was being hooked to have and EKG done, Now I was telling them all my symptoms and they wanted to know what I might have been doing that may have accord my symptoms and I told them I am under an ""extreme"" amount of stress. And probably will be for awhile. any who Edwin was very tired and had to be to work at 5:00 and so I told him to go and sleep in the car for awhile and I would call him if anything happen and they nurse said that it would take 6 hours for my one blood test they had to run would take so it would be around 2:00 a.m. so Edwin went to the car and they took some tests and but a nitro tab on my tug and told me to let it dissolve and then they but some other stuff about 4 things into my pain full IV sight to help lower my blood presser cause when they took it it was 154/104 and they said they really needed to get it to come down and give my poor heart a rest. And I also told them my mouth was very cottony and my mouth was very dry. Any way I did after awhile was able to get them to bring me some Ice chips, (it was a very small cup) and you would thing that them putting in a IV sight they would have but in IV liquid to beens I am a diabetic. No they did not. So No I am sitting in a room by myself with NO TV (it was the only room with NO TV) for and hour and a half or more NO one come and check in on me and I had moved around to get comfortable on the bed and must have knocked off one of my heart monitor things cause the monitor started beeping and it was a very annoying beep and I had No way of getting ahold of a nurse cause I had no nurse pushy button and Edwin was asleep in the car. So for all that time I had to listen to that dang thing beep beep beep beep you get the picture. And to make it even worse my room was next to the restroom and there was someone in there doing allot of throwing up so I get the pleasure of listening to that also. Well at 2:00 a.m. Edwin comes back into my room, and the nurse came in to do another blood draw, and I asked her about my other blood test and she said she thinks everything looked OK. and I said so what is this blood work for, and she said the blood test they are doing is time sensitive and that it has to be timed just right, and I said so how long should this result take and she said about 30 min to an hour. Well that didn't happen it was TWO long hours Now I have already been at that darn hospital for hours I wanted some answers and I wanted to go home so Edwin went down to the nurses station and all of them and the doctors where the just a BSing and Edwin asked my nurse if they had heard anything on my last blood work test yet and she said nothing yet they keep telling her 10 more min so we wait some more and Edwin walks down there again and they are all still there BSing and after awhile the nurse comes in saying my last test just came in it it looked OK, and she said lets get you out of hear, so she unhooked my beeping heart monitor but not before she got it to make a reading. then she took out my very pain full IV sight and had me sign my release forms and said here is your prescription to go and get you Cardiac stress test done. So Edwin helps me get dressed. No doctor coming in to explain anything to me or about all my test just a nurse saying everything seemed to look OK. (my question is when did a nurse become an MD?)
So we get home at 4:30 a.m. Edwin had just enough time to shower and get to work. He is home now he got home at 11:30 and is now asleep
this is what my special instructions sheet said my ER doctor said was the prob. (this is just the paper they send you home with mind you) It said
THE DOCTOR THINKS YOU SYMPTOMS MAY BE DUE TO
CHEST PAIN OF UNDEFINED ORIGIN.
then it had some important things to look out for and if I experience any of these symptoms again to return to the ER (NOT)
any who that was my night.
and today the stress lives on

6 comments:

Jeff and Tenille said...

Our hospital really sucks!! We have had similar experiences. You would think they would have been more concered with chest pains. CRAZY! Maybe we should go shopping and get some pedicures. That usually helps with stress!!
You look so pitiful and sad in your picture.
Did they tell you to see your family doc or anything?

Anonymous said...

Tamara I just read your blog and I am so sorry for all your problems with ER. Doesn't sound right to me. Hope you are ok and feeling much better.. I think of you guys a lot. Let us know if you have anymore problems...I love you both Grandma

lindsay said...

yikes tamara! hope you are feeling better now, but we'll keep you in our prayers! no more trips to the ER girlie - that's no fun!

tami said...

im so sorry if u need anything please let me know ill be there for u in a heartbeat. i love you guys so much.
tami

Edwin & Tamara said...

Yep suppose to see family doc on monday. Im feeling somewhat ok today but the day just started LOL I will try not to make anymore trips to the ER I think if I have to I will suffer with the pain and go to the ER in durango. Cause I am still haveing troubles breathing just walking from my frount door to the car is a job. I would love a pedicure, sad thing is I have to wait to heal Cause something with my diabetis is making my feet get some weird sores on them. Thanks everyone for your prays,
Love ya all Tamara

Gena said...

Holy Shiitake mushrooms! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Isn't any visit to an ER a nightmare? I wish I'd been there to sit with you and let FeeFum go home and sleep, but then again he probably wouldn't have felt terrific leaving you there. I love you two! Hopefully your Dr. will know what to do and it won't take hours and hours in miserable conditions!









Edwin's room in Korea

Edwin's home coming