When is it time to say NO, I am always telling everyone how easy it is, but I seem to forget to use it myself sometime. And sometimes I think I let that trait be inherited by my children.
When Edwin and I where first married and living in Virginia, we had these friends, that was always needing a ride somewhere or needing to borrow something, and we being the kind of people we are always said yes, but when we went to ask for something it was well''''' or I don't know or I just can't, and when we lived in Texas we again had some friends that were in trouble and needed a place to stay, and we agreed to let them stay for awhile if they would help out with things like food, and what not and they said they would, well''''' that never happen, there kids(don't get me wrong I love kids) were BRATS!!! did not have respect for your things, and well you get the picture, they all just took total advantage of us. And again while we were living here in Bloomfield we opened our home to friends again, they stole from us, there kids were just plane rued to us and our kids, I even started doing there laundry, just trying to be nice and helpful, it was my neighbor who said Tamara why are you letting them live in you home them not doing anything to help you and now YOUR DOING THE LAUNDRY, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!! So we did and asked them to leave.
I still find myself in situations to where I just feel bad and want to help everyone that I can, and I know my girls inherited that from me tooo.
So what do I do??
How can I teach myself and teach others that yes it is good to be kind but there is a limit,?
3 comments:
Being good to others is something we should all do, but we need to teach our children to accept the help of others graciously and be grateful for what others do for us.The people who take advantage of other's generosity have not been taught well. I don't get it either!
Hi sweetie! I loved this blog. I have known you for 30 years and your generousity and kind heart (which you get from your parents) is something i love the most about you. BUT! WE MUST put our priorities in this order. God(beliefs) Ourselves, Our spouse, our children and grandchildren, our extended family, then our friends. NEVER move this order. If it hurts you, your husband, your kids. It doesnt happen. full stop. God said give generously. NOT be a doormat. He said "keep moving forward". Not move constantly and so fast that you drop from exhaustion! To thine OWNSELF be true! Thanks for letting me comment. Love, Coke
Thank you that made my evening
Post a Comment