
The top picture is of My grandma and Grandpa Judd
The bottom picture is of My Grandma and Grandpa Sherman
I never had the opportunity to get to know either one of my grandfathers
I did not get the opportunity to no my grandma Sherman, my grandfathers all passed away before I was even born, and my grandma Sherman passed away when I was 3, I got to know my grandma Judd from all the times we went to visit or to family reunions but I only got to know her for a short time. She passed away when I was eight years old, My mother told me there is a picture of me and my grandmother and that I was the only one of her kids that got a picture taken with my grandmother I wish I could have found that picture to have put on here also I know there is one and I have seen it.
I guess what I am trying to say is I wish I could have known my grandparents. I think that is why I pushed my girls to know theres and told them to have there children get to know there grandparents while they are here, How many of us have that opportunity or can say I know my grandparents and so do my children. Or even better yet how many can say I know my great grandparents or even great great grandparents. How cool is that?
You know it makes me cry and my heart melt every time all of my brothers and there children and there kids come to see my parents, you can see the joy and the love that they have for each and everyone of us and there grandchildren, Every time my mother and father would get a picture in her e-mail she would get so excited and call and asked me to come and down load them so she could print them off, and when she would get a picture or a Christmas card in the mail of her children and grandchildren she would call and tell me and you can hear the excitement in her voice,
All you lucky ones get to know your grandparents, In these crappy times we all need to gather as a family and have one heck of a family Reunion,
and soon I hope.
4 comments:
Is that a hint for me, Tamara?
I get that for sure. Grandpa & Grandma Sherman were 1 reason I pushed so hard to get out of Mexico. When I found out she was diagnosed it made me realize that we could all loose her, and I wasn't ready for that. I haven't been around my family for awhile, and I want to get to know everyone again. I love you Tamara!
Yay!! I say we should do it this summer :)
I only got to know my Mom's mother... she died at 94 years old when I was in High School. I'm with you and I'm glad my kids have had their grandparents. I'm a little gleeful having Mom here with me!
Post a Comment